A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Monday, December 27, 2004

Surrender

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4126971.stm
More than 20000 dead now, 11000 in Sri Lanka alone. The horrific slap it delivers to me has rendered me speechless, with a bitter and sour taste in the mouth. I have no idea what to say.

A few weeks back I saw a cat covered with gasoline lying on a grass patch, with red ants biting it all over. The view was so... personal, that I just knelt down and started crying. It meowed at me but refused to move. I had to use an unbrella's U handle to pull it from the grass and then a neighbour shifted it to a void deck near by. What kind of sicko pours gasoline over a cat? I think the cat was a kitten, and it was in shock. Its pupils dilated and it sort of had a wild eyed look.

Then last night, a church mate of mine and I was SMSing and we talked about death (it was brought on by the local series 6 weeks), and what we would do with one week left to die.

I know I'm going mad again, but is God preparing me? *laugh* I don't have the courage, and I pray that I do, 'cos death is not fearful in itself. It is a graduation ceremony for the soul to go to the next step of life, and the time on earth is just a nursery school. But people fear the unknown and so do I.

Matthew 24:12-13 "Because of the increase of wicknesses, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be safe."

God, I pray I will be one of them who stands firm to the end.

Comments on "Surrender"

 

post a comment

Neko