A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Thursday, January 26, 2006

meme first

Hands up those who call this a mi-mi. I'm quite glad I'm not the only one: BM also thought so. Anyways, being a nice kind soul, the laundry girl tagged me. By the way, she also happens to be a good friend of my sister's. I feel so sorry for her.

Four jobs you’ve had in your life:

admin asst in Komatsu Asia-Pacific (forgot it's pac-asia or asia-pac) - 16 year old job before start of JC
cashier then to asst manager at BHS's Bistro (hi vik!)
F&B consultant - freelance (gone are the good days)
corporate sales in the advertising/tourism industry - have to deal with people like this

Four movies you could watch over and over:

stephen chow's old movies especially his classics like chinese odyssey (here also) and Flirting Scholar
tony leung's movies - even the old rom-coms and others (eg here and here)
anything with daniel wu in it
the woodsman - but quite traumatising.

sorry la. nothing "deep" in it. I don't philosophise in movies.

Four places you've lived in:

erm... I've only stayed in Singapore sans Ipoh for hols. Haha.
Clementi
Jurong East St 21
Jurong East St 13
Turf City hostel

Four TV shows you love(d) to watch:

F.R.I.E.N.D.S
House
My Wife and Kids
The Nanny

Bonus! Justice League of America! (also the comics - the old one - RAWKS!>

Four places you’ve been on vacation:

Pulau Kapas - Trengganu, Malaysia
Australia - Gold Coast and whereelseIforgot - on a band camp
USA - LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas and forgotwhereelse when I was 12 I think. Or somewhere there. First time on a plane, and it was 22 hours. If not for Tetris handhelds and the entertainment system I would have gone mad. Went to disney, etc. Scariest experience was when I banged into a African-American and he said "Fuck Off!". I forget if he said Chink at the back. Haha.
China - Beijing, TianJin, and IthinkIhavesuperbadmemory. The year after the USA trip.

Four websites you visit daily:

BM
mrbrown
miyagi.sg
yellowpages/streetdirectory.com/visitsingapore for work

Bonus! Comics! Daily! Updated! I love this site.

Four of your favourite foods:

Ipoh's Wanton Mee - very different. very very good.
Ipoh's Kaya/Curry Luo Mi Fan - very different. very very good.
My dad's prawn porridge and his steaks/western - I grew up smelling the prawn porridge he cooked on sundays. The smell.. is something I hope my kids will grow up to miss. He stopped cooking it sometime when my bro grew up I think. And for a period of time, he was into steaks, potatos and french beans. It was VERY VERY good. Then he moved into salads, and other stuff. Haha. Still very good. Too bad he's always too tired now, too manly to cook for his growing up/grown up children (children as in the relation, not the age).
Japanese Food - I do not believe I can ever, ever be bored of Japanese food. Udon, Sashimi, Tempura. Some of my favourite things - and the citerion I use to decide on a good japanese food place. The udon at the Raffles City foodcourt is actually not bad, and I'm a big eater, but I can be satisfied by just ONE bowl, with no other stuff inside. That's good. Filling enough. Doesn't betray it's origins. A bit too oily though.

Four places you would rather be:

Now? Ok...
Shopping with my sister (or watching her shop)
Hanging out with my best friend (but she refuses to hang out with me, that ingrate ;p got boyfriend, abandon best friend. Sigh.)
Doing nothing/trying to study (kidding myself) at home
For later: Going for reunion dinner with my unit, instead of class, even though Anil is damn good and I enjoy the lesson.

Bonus! Outrageous one: being fed the freshest sashimi by my hubby in a seaside inn in a small seaside town in Japanese - sashimi so fresh, it was just caught.
Bonus!2 Even if I enjoy work (not bad lar, huh), in Vik's cafe, making new recipes! (hear that? loyal hor)

Four tagged:

chuwenchuwenchuwenchuwen (then you tag currytan, ok?)
sandy (then you tag cc and edwin ok? haha)
the other lee - my lovely godsis
the greenxboxman. oh wait, he doesn't have a blog. doesn't stop me though. haha. while I'm at it, NINCOMPOOP! BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! (no updates one, considered only ONE tag. Haha. The RN rule.)
Bonus! Maybe I should tag laundry girl again. Haha. See her spurt vile nonsense on me then. Haha.

update: nincompoop's reaction when told of the tag - "wah lau eh. boliao."

*sniff sniff*

youse heard that? YOU THE CREATOR OF THIS MEME!

wah lau. I really damn boliao.

Comments on "meme first"

 

post a comment

Neko