A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Thursday, January 05, 2006

what if you died tomorrow?

Since everyone is talking about resolutions, and I'm a weak spineless person, such a spineless girl, I'll go into it too. In caregroup, since I didn't go for service (and got flew kite again after flying kite for service), they shared a good guage for seeing 2006.

C - career
R - relationship
E - economy
S - spiritual
H - health

so once it was broken down, I saw one more factor. C for character.. So what had happened this year in this factors? And what will happen this year? What do you want to 'improve' this year? And instead of revisiting the resolutions next year's first day, set a alarm for sometime per quarter or even just july or august. Set it so when the alarm comes, you can say, "I've got a few months left. I can still do it." rather than start at the beginning of the year, lose steam, and look back too late in 2007.

Morbidly, if tomorrow was your last day, what would you have regretted doing today? The petty backstabbing at work instead of friendship?

You know. =)

Comments on "what if you died tomorrow?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous complained! (Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:19:00 pm) : 

If tomorrow were to be my last day, I'm glad to have today. We all look ahead and not backwards. Regret is in the core of everyone of us. There's no way in living a life without it. Because life isn't perfect. And humans never stop asking for more. Can anyone be wholly contented? Not at all... Even the most holy ones ask for more gracefulness from God. For me, I would have scores of them. Nonetheless, it depends on how you perceive the precedence of them. Definitely not wealth and fame...

 

post a comment

Neko