A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Saturday, March 11, 2006

wallet

I dropped my wallet last night.

It all began in the morning. laundry girl and I were sms-ing each other about meeting up at night, or over the weekend. Actually, we had planned to meet this Sunday last week (after she kindly smsed me about my post with concern). She has been one busy bee (I know many of those, and one of the other's name starts with S-A-N-something-something heh) but she agreed to meet up. It is times like these that I feel that I still have friends, who are here for me just because we're friends, not out of obligation or what..

anyways, to cut that short, we had la mian at my favourite la mian store at BQ. We have a nice talk and stuff. Then I recommended SIX to her, where we both had tea. Tame right... heh. This is the first break I've taken seriously, and today too! But that's a story for another day.

Then halfway at 6, I realised my wallet was missing. Funnily, when we left, I remember my bag wasn't fully zipped. And I did nothing about it. *smack head*

the laundry girl, after her long long day at work that brought her from Suntec to Tanah Merah, went around with me tracing our steps. But funnily, I wasn't worried, and was even smilingly excited about it. Weird woman, me. But I had fun beating myself up over not leaving my IC home. Stupid woman, right?

Anyway... after we went back to the la mian store, back to Six, and to the Fullerton to pee. And then, we walked around a bit more and stuff, and got a milo-peng at Mac.

And then the miracle happened again. Like that time in Genting. Someone called me, and guess what? My JC mate picked up my wallet! He saw me and the laundry girl, but because we were talking, he didn't call me. And after that, he saw the wallet on the floor. And picked it up. And then saw it was mine. But he was too tired and hence he only called me when he reached home. It were strokes of luck, mini-miracles in it by itself.

And the laundry girl said... you better blog about this!

amen =)

Comments on "wallet"

 

Blogger mooiness complained! (Tuesday, March 14, 2006 2:36:00 pm) : 

This is definitely a case of "hennnnng ah!" :)

I'm fascinated by stories of fate like these.

 

post a comment

Neko