A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Thursday, September 21, 2006

IndigNation by the Singapore Boy

I remember, a long time ago, I was at this Guiness Stout event with Nincompoop and the GreenXboxMan, where Hossan Leong was one of the performers of the night. I remember having a lot of fun with the 2 boys, and having a lot of fun watching Hossan. In fact, I was so excited about watching Hossan that I kept talking about it, to the GreenXboxMan's dismay. "Special meh?"

Yes, and I still do think so. Heh. I remember being amazed at him on stage, parodies that you did not think acceptable in Singapore were being performed flawlessly but not too polished (Channel 5 - this is the way to go, are you listening?).



He was the Singapore Boy, and still is.

So when I watched this on youtube, the memories of that night came back. I don't know if Nincompoop still reads this blog or not (boring, lah!) but I remember that night with fondness - I haven't hung out with him and the GreenXboxMan for a long time, nearly 18 months me thinks.

Although this wasn't written by Hossan (credits are Edmund Tan), he was great in performing it.

Comments on "IndigNation by the Singapore Boy"

 

Blogger Mockingbird complained! (Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:39:00 pm) : 

Sung to the tune of Bruce Springsteen's "We Didn't Start The Fire". Cool :)

 

post a comment

Neko