A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Friday, January 12, 2007

singing in the rain

I took the bus home today, partly because I thought of taking the train back, and partly because there was no cabs to be found. So I ended up waiting for 97 and taking 100 because I missed the previous buses (2 in a row). Ironically I changed to 97 in the end, not 963.

When I got off it was still raining. I opened the umbrella. The zen micro was playing 明明很爱你, and suddenly I was the female lead in my self-directed MV again. Was it the song, or was it the rain, or a combination of both? The empty overhead bridge allowed me to sing out loud. I half danced and half pranced to my place, even daring myself to twirl around once in a while.

I felt in love. Hormones, I knew The Faithful Non-Boyfriend would say. I wanted to have that feeling of love, no, this was not the pretence of love: it was the real thing. But this was the one with the most pretence: the highest level of pretence.

But you know what? I don't really care. It felt great.

The rain, you're great today.

Neko