A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Monday, November 06, 2006

you can't judge all just by the actions of a few

This is something really happening nowadays. Look at how Islam's image has suffered, how certain countries are being judged, and how our country's internal image has suffered due to just that few black sheep.

It is indeed something that is happening nowadays.

Been having some tough internal questions about mates of my own faith recently, seeing how much of a hypocrite I've become, as a Christian. I understand why some of us come across as irritating, self-righteousness people, but doesn't mean I condone it.


something positive: it is heartbreaking [never confuse the faith with the supposingly faithful.]

sometimes, we are just anxious to share the goodness we have. we may overdo it, like excited little kids. The best kind of evangelism, however, is by living it, not shoving one's ideals into another's. If we just forced our ideals upon others, we are not much different from those crazy extremists that kill in the name of their god, whoever it is (I know Islam is a peaceful religion).

None of us are totally innocent. Yes, our lives may have more meaning, but it's subjective (like who's good looking - I think Angelina Jolie is hideous), especially to those who are not in it. I think... tell them what's good, but admit what's bad? I don't know.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? (Matthew 7:3, NIV)


In the ancient laws of Israel, adultery was a crime punishable by death.

John 8:3~7
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."


Then where does the difference between good old criticism and forceful imposition lay?

Look inside your heart, I guess. I'm not some guru, I ain't that wise, as much as I hope to be. If I had the answer to the world's problems, and I could actually solve it, I would. But to know the limits to one's self is a good thing normally.. I know this argument is scattered and probably sounds really weak (gavin, please help!), but I'm sure all you smart people understand me. Just... Do Not Judge. We all do, but it doesn't make it right.

peace out. =)

Comments on "you can't judge all just by the actions of a few"

 

post a comment

Neko