A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Thursday, December 28, 2006

I woke up as usual this morning, to my delight, not (that) late. I had to take a cab because by the time I finished ironing my clothes, a bus trip would make me late. Luckily for me, a cab was whizzing by the gates of my place.
Unluckily, the last time I checked, my bank account was plain empty. I had some cash, but stupidly, I left it at home. With just 5 bucks in my wallet, I was praying that one of my bank accounts had enough to cover for the card swipe for the ride. Thank God it did.
So I got to work, and reached my office pretty early (it's normal for people to stream in slowly from 9 plus to 10 plus). I sat down, switched on my spare laptop (my work laptop is still being fixed, for 2 weeks already), and guess what? The internet can't be used, or rather, it was too friggin slow it's as good as unusable - most pages timed out by the time it was half loaded. I had a demo at 11am, so I tested the system as per procedure... to realise that it can't work. The fact that the net was down, I was broke (I was planning to take a train to the client's place) and the demo couldn't work just made my plain miserable. Thank God my prospect was kind, she allowed me to reschedule - I can't go for a demo when the demo can't work!
So now, at the spare laptop (which is signed for by my colleague), I'm blogging from Outlook Web, trying not to scream or chew off someone's head. I spoke to the payroll person - they messed up my bank account number (I mean, there has been successful credits all the previous months, I have no idea how that can happen), and I have to accept a cheque, which, by my company's speed, will come tomorrow, meaning I'll get my pay only after the 2nd of Jan. Whoopee.
And on the personal front, I'm increasingly pissed at myself and someone else (who is reading this, so I cannot say who), and things I cannot mention. I can't even confide to my blog, and this is increasingly irritating - I am thinking of spinning off my personal stuff to a lagi anonymous blog.
So, I really need some coffee. Oh shit, wait, I don't have cash for Starbucks [call me atas, kopi can't give me the caffeine I need to relax]. I think I'll beg for a fag from my colleague. It might give me that much needed drag.
ps this post better go through, because the last time I tried to blog via mail, it sent back some error message. If it fails, I'll... I'll... I think I'll need a ciggie.

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Shelly complained! (Friday, December 29, 2006 11:58:00 am) : 

2nd Jan is a holiday as well, so you'll only get cash on 3rd earliest. Ask them for cash cheque then tmr morn can go to bank and queue to get it cashed.

 

post a comment

Neko