A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Friday, January 07, 2005

Curbside Prophet

Listening to Jason Mraz. Think he was one of the best finds I ever found. Hummingbert fell in love with him straight away he heard him. Yeah man, I still have that touch for finding singers little-known or relatively non-popular that are fantastic. lol

Somehow the song '0% interest' reminds me of LL. I guess it has to do with the night we went to listen to jazz. :)

Okay, time to get serious. Thank God for lifting my spirits with little things, although this week was far from a happy one filled with any personal sunshine.

A colleague of mine, whom I've always suspected to be a little unstable emotionally (it's easy to read the signs when you've been there) sent an sms to Boss about taking 70 sleeping pills. The night ended with us at her place, where she was snoring and smelt of alcohol (Boss's view) and an empty packet of medicine beside her, after a trip to the police station (just him, I met him there straight when he was nearly done) where Boss had his statement taken down by some idiot (really. I don't use this word generously) and a futile attempt at searching for her at a lot of carparks near any 24hr coffee shop in the west side (she used to sleep out of the car at some carpark near a 24hr coffee shop in the west side).
She told me the morning after that she went home to die, to get her husband in trouble. She's at the rut of despair now, she won't take any advice for the time being (like I said, it's easy to read when you've been there).. and we can only pray. Rain helped inform almost whole the Unit I think, to pray for her. PF followed up with me last night, that felt good, to know that your churchmates are in battle with you.
She attempted in a different way again 24 hours later. Imagine what Boss felt! Thank God her friend sent her into SGH, where she was treated for damage to her wrist. To make things worse, the Upper Management decided to drop her. Boss was so tired, I felt so sorry for him. She was performing, although her attendance wasn't consistant, but the work was being done. Boss and I went to see her last night.. and he seemed quite shook up. If anything good came out of this, it was that Boss and I talked a lot, and I got to know more about him. I think I always click well with male bosses.. *laugh* like Viktor, the kind of friend-brother relationship. I always enjoy this kinda friendships.
And I can't believe that stupid hospital let her get discharged! I tried to tell the doctor that her agency had already informed her of her termination, and the good doctor wasn't around. I left my number with the 4 nurses, 4 times (I think) and guess what, the good doctor hasn't gotten back to me.

But anyway she loaned some money from me again, and is actively looking for a job too, so I guess she isn't going to try in the near future.. I hope.

Thank God for the prayer going on for her. Boss needs it too, he's almost sick again, that persistant cough hasn't really gone away. Please continue to pray for her and Boss as well.. as well as me, for me to have the strength and wisdom to handle the situation rightly. He's giving me more and more people recently, and He works in mysterious ways.

"Better" - Jason Mraz (cut and paste from some website I can't remember)

it's something like i apologize, it's something i still can't decide
but i know it gets better, it only gets better

and i want to say that it's not always easy but it's simple that way
and i want to stay and play it out but i still have my doubts
so you say it gets better, it only gets better, better, maybe it's better this way

beautiful things they never stay, oh, the same way
they pass, oh they pass away, they always change, who are we is who we are
when the act of love can get us so far, so good i wish you would think twice on me

cuz it only gets better, it only gets better, better this way
better, maybe it's better this way, just give it some time, just give it some space
just give it some time, maybe it's better this way, yes maybe, yes maybe, yes maybe
it's better, oh, this way, promise me you'll always be better
better

Comments on "Curbside Prophet"

 

Blogger The Rational Neurotic complained! (Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:56:00 pm) : 

A pretty man may grab my attention but he won't make my heart beat. However, many other things may my heart thump for a man.. unfortunately *laugh*.

But I guess it's true, that when God's in the centre of the relationship, He blesses them. Some may argue: No, it's because their love ain't deep enough. But no matter how deep, we are still human. We still suffer from 七情六欲 and only God can regulate that. He shows us the errors of our ways: when we are stubborn (as we all can be), nothing can prove us wrong. Some others may say: it's because you don't have kids. When the attention isn't on the both of you but externally, it helps. Yea, it helps when the relationship is self centered, but the extra portion comes when God blesses you!

I would like the idea of my guy and me praying together, living in a world not our own together.. struggling together, growing together.

But.. *laugh* let His will be done! Even if it isn't to what I want now.. because Father knows best :)

 

post a comment

Neko