A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Monday, April 18, 2005

Who's that trailing behind you?

Today a little part of me celebrated Jesus. The joy inside was blooming, just a seed, but boy, that seed was loud. I am assured that He is real. Many small blessings have poured onto me, really small ones that it seems ridiculous, but inside, one knows that it must be God. Last night as I got ready for bed I prayed, a small habit I want to build up. I told Him, God, help me wake up really early tomorrow. I have a lot of work to complete later. I think it was about 1 plus.

I woke up at 5.50am.

That's a miracle (although I went back for a snooze, expecting to get up in ten mins.. I oversnoozed a little but was still relatively early.. as compared to my late coming habit in the recent months.) and when I woke up.. I just realised that it had to be God.

I can hear you, saying, "ya, ya.. all the Godly stuff again... how boring. Such typical Christians." When the joy of the Lord is your strength... you will see the difference. But I digress.

You see, God works in many ways, big and small and hidden and obvious. He has been totally reasonable and logical, and have also given commands to people that seemed absolutely ridiculous at first. Build an ark? God must be crazy, Noah must have thought. Abraham must have cried out Why? Why to give me all these and to want me, by my own hands, destroy it? Issac is my son, a blessing from You! But the floods came and Noah was saved. God stopped Abraham. I do not think God was taking joy in Abraham's dilemma. A father would not take joy in a son's meaningless pain, and what more our Godly Father.

The truth is sometimes, we are so overwhelmed with the things of the world, we forget. Or rather, subconsciously the things that were important to us would no longer inwardly matter that much. Watch this to know what I mean. Sound/Music instructions same with previous post.

I don't think I need to explain... the animation is self explanatory.

Don't cut off the string.

Today's post will be a little short. I am rather tired and would need to rest early. I just finished my accounts lecture and I need a LOT of prayer to pull me through these exams. I just felt I had to write on that animation.

I am, by my and anyone else's standards, NOT a "spiritually high" person. I have issues that are unresolved and blindspots that I keep banging into. I thank God, though, for rooting me in certain issues...

I hope I never ever cut off the string. God, watch over me.

Comments on "Who's that trailing behind you?"

 

Blogger e. complained! (Monday, May 02, 2005 8:52:00 pm) : 

hey. continue drawing near to God, take one step toward Him and He will take a thousand steps to you ! ( =

 

post a comment

Neko