A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Monday, November 07, 2005

Psalm 6 and other mentions

Inspired by Neoh, this is the first psalms that I've ever memorised. Well, actually because it was short and I thought, "This is a nice one."

Psalm 6

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to sheminith.[a]
A psalm of David.

1 O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

3 My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave [b]?

6 I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Footnotes:
[a] Psalm 6:1 Title: Probably a musical term
[b] Psalm 6:5 Hebrew Sheol


Actually, I've been getting a couple of attacks by the evil one recently. The images flashing have returned, and although I wanted to speak to gr about it, somehow it slipped by mind. I was quite disturbed by it during CG and actually CC can attest that I've been in need of prayer for a while. Dear all, please pray for me that I will not be overcome but to be able to triumph over the darkness as I seek the Lord.

But life's been good. On MSN with Supanova:

Supanova: how're u?
Me: fine fine. trying to live =)you?
Supanova: great
Supanova: thank the Lord for guidance
Me: =)
Supanova: thank the Lord for everything
Supanova: i'm a happy man...
Me: =)
Me: share your joy?
Supanova: well... things with me and my girlfriend are great recently... got a job... got a license...
Me: heh =)
Supanova: no lack of stuff
Supanova: at least for this particular moment
Supanova: life's great
Me: heh =)

He was going through a particularly rough patch this year: a terrible fight with his girl, an uncertain career choice, a doublewhammy of failing his first driving test and also not doing very well for his U exams.. but look what God had done! Supanova trusted the Lord and things, well, not fantastic but better than ever. Things can and might get better, may His Will be done. =) Supanova was also very kind to drive me down to Tanjong Pagar that night when 过分美丽 sat sobbing by the curb. He has always been those kinda of BFG, although he ain't that huge sized =)

Another guy that deserves worthy mention is The Faithful Non-Boyfriend. Facing my first time at the new place alone, he agreed to come over and stand guard against my invisible and impossible-but-might-materialise-in-my-irrationality fears. One night, we met for dinner. Actually he bought dinner over to my place. Leaving my office I called him and told him that it looked like it was going to rain and poor moi had no umbrella or shelter to my place. He waited for me to ask but gave up and offered: ok loh, if so, I'll be suay but I'll fetch you from the bus stop. heh heh ;p

So blessed by my buddies =)

Comments on "Psalm 6 and other mentions"

 

post a comment

Neko