A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Sunday, January 28, 2007

my little haven

So it's Sunday morning. I wake up next to Sunshine, and Furgie's sleeping on my desk, hearing Linus whine intermittently outside my door. I let her in and Furgie climbs onto my bed next to me.

I go into my brother's room and cradle Alex in my arms, he's the only one that likes to be literally hugged to sleep. He purrs, and Chappy climbs onto the bed, licking him and me. I'm trying to encourage Alex to sleep more because he just recovered.

I go to my recliner in the living room and pick up the Newpaper. Chappy followed me, she does that often, I often have to guess for what reason. Kiwi's asleep on the chair next to me, probably tired out from her efforts to go out after last night's adventure. She had followed me around, meowing whole meows (and starting to sound like Alex). Perhaps she really liked my neighbour's garden - she hadn't gone into it before, she rarely goes into this direction in fact when she runs out or when I walk her. She's covering her eyes now, it is days of peace like this that I feel content and happy at my little haven, with CSI playing on the TV and work to be done after reading my Newpaper on the Lions' exploits (woohoo) and a comic book on the Greatest Stories of the Batman from the library, just next to me when I'm just tired of the screens.

The dryer is running, drying for the 3rd time the load that I had to wash 3 times yesterday because of the washing powder residue.

It is days like this... that it all seems worth it.

Comments on "my little haven"

 

post a comment

Neko