A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Friday, February 04, 2005

Better is one day in His courts, than a thousand elsewhere..

you who have beautiful words, who lurk in the dark.. and surely you who have read Revelations know how it'll end... no matter how the world is reluctant to it.

I risk getting stoned by writing this at 1402H, but there are things I simply cannot agree with.
Yes, actually men and women are all made with the same pair of Hands, in the same Factory. However, we are all made with our own flaws.. my dell laptop screws up every 2 months, but my sister's (exactly the same model..) has never given her any trouble.

I have a belief that a person's upbringing and circumstances make a person. Of course, genetically we are all different.. somehow God has also made each one of us different. Else, how can one explain a pair of twins with the same friends, grow up in the same house, in the same classes and have the same DNA being so different?

As flawed as women are, men ain't an open source program. I find men harder to read than women.. and so are my male friends. To me, friends are unigender... so I cannot understand the fuss of having a close male friend. I risk being stoned by Westin, my buddy, but I think there are times I am more rational than him, even if rationality are supposed to be a 'trademark' of men.

Of course you've seen me when I'm extremely neurotic.. somehow, in here, I find myself abandoning all 'maturity' I have maintained and inbuilt through the 3 years of working. You cannot believe how hard it is to convince someone that a young chinese female can do a good job. I hate it when someone tells me, "why not ask your parents" or something like that. But surely my friends think the same way not!

Humans by nature are prideful.. surely the bible shows enough examples.. we have been programmed. Even adam was by nature a prideful man, and so was Eve.. So was Cain..
Why must humans seek to divide everything we see? By skin colour, by gender, by upbringing, by income, by rank, by looks, by height, by ability.. For order? Why can't we stop at the order then seek the heart from there? Will a malay love less than an indian? Will a man need to survive more than a woman? Would a tall man have more heart than a short one? Would a good looker have more good friends than one who's ugly?

Was pondering about why people use 'personality' as a gauge rather than looks.. surely, human made standards? But a person can seek to have a better temper, but cannot do much to that face of his he is born with (plastic surgery not withstanding)..

As the verse has it.. "Beauty is fleeting and charm is deceptive, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised!" (Proverbs 31:30)

I think man and woman are made for each other. We are made differently cos we are made to be compatible with each other.. not alike. Example: human's anatomy.

Genesis 2:24 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."
Matthew 19:5 "...[Jesus speaking] "‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’"

but...

Matthew 19
11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word [of the disciples' question that not getting married was good], but only those to whom it has been given.
12 For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

So nothing has been said about the incompatibilty of men and women.. after all, we are made of men's ribs:
Genesis 2:20b But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

See, woman is made to help man, but in the same way, woman was made because man could not survive alone. There's no 'who's more important' or 'who's more dominant' or 'who's has more rule'. For this, we are all made equal in His eyes. It is our soul and heart He yearns for.

Surely God could have made a woman anew, like He made man.. but I think He did this for a purpose... We are alike, but not the same. I'll let you ponder about it.

Last words: when a man and a woman come in union in the Lord's Name, living their lives for Him, surely, in this God-centered relationship He would give many blessings!

ps(1) This started again as a comment to a friend's post. Chill, VC~ Many blessings and my prayers with you. Should any of my 'reasonings' be wrong, anyone, please, comment on it and let me know.
ps(2) Dehua has recovered and is home resting now. Thank God, and praise His Name!

Comments on "Better is one day in His courts, than a thousand elsewhere.."

 

post a comment

Neko