A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Stressed Out - Humpback Oak

I started a post yesterday, put my laptop on hibernation, and just now it was still around.. then I hibernated again.. and then suddenly when I switched it on, it was gone..

Sort of remember what I wrote yesterday.. something about not knowing what to write.. then talking about when I can finish.. some illogical self-centered stuff.

Feeling really neurotic sometimes recently: feel my fuse very short. Hey brothers, if you're reading this: I appreciate jokes, teasing, but not being forced into a corner with very pointed jokes. Stop trying to pull me with every guy and say you're just joking cos it's very insulting and implying that I'm petty makes it worse: you know that you are overdoing it. You know who you are.

However, some people are quite nice and sensitive.. like VC who can joke and say I'm oversensitive.. haha.. and I'll just tell him that he's oversensitive to me being sensitive. And it's true: how ironic. The people who piss me off think I'm petty at being angry, those who genuinely make me laugh are worried I'll be angry.

Actually I get really really mad at sweeping discriminating jokes. I really hate general statements like "all women are like that" etc etc. Dom: I was really really using all the God-given self-control I had to not throw you out of my house. And yes, you CAN NOT make sexist remarks. Nor racist, nor any other sweeping remarks that you inconsiderately think is funny that is made at ANYONE's expense. But I still love you guys...

In short: don't make sweeping statements, don't judge if you have to without knowing and understanding it, and listen to yourself speak once in a while. You might just be surprised.

Thanks VC for cheering me up, and thanks Jarain, and thanks Mandy, and thanks Denise for all the stuff that you guys did. Even people like Chris (WLNY), Guangxing, MH etc..

I know this blog is far far away from the standard I have dreamt of.. the funny column style, yada yada.. but just today, just a tad too tired. Ain't going to check for spelling and grammar... Am told that there are spelling errors in my last post. Really don't wanna..

About the last post.. the aftermath.. the next time. All the other serious thinking thinking stuff.. next time next time.. haha.. really lousy english.

"Stressed out.. Seriously insane"

ps I'll probably amend this post in the near future so if you think it looks funny or incomplete or what, blame it on the amendment.

Ciao.

Comments on "Stressed Out - Humpback Oak"

 

post a comment

Neko