A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Myopic and loving it!

Hands up all you speckys that have heard this before: "aiyoh, why must you wear glasses? wear contacts la, you very pretty without specs."

This NEVER fails to make me extremely curious, and by extremely curious I mean extremely irritated at their myopia. If I had to wear contacts to be pretty, then I'm no different from those who has to wear make up to be pretty. I rather be beautiful in that way then to be so superficially pretty. Besides the extreme hassle to wear them, it also is extremely unhealthy too (especially for just an unhygenic person like me). When I do wear contact lenses, there are other practical reasons like I don't want to lose my glasses in the water when I'm canoeing, and I want to actually see the hunk my best friend is describing at the beach!

Applause! because faithtoh and mrsbudak came up with this sexyspeckyblogger photo meme! It's not only the "intellectual" look at makes us sexy (that's quite superficial as well), it's also the "I'm me! with or without glasses!" assurance and confidence that makes us all so kickass =) Not that I don't think contact lenses wearers are not sexy/superficial/not pretty... but this is about us in glasses, let us have our day!

See if you can find my pic in the meme.. heh. =) Leave me a comment if you do!

Girls of the Specs unite, sisters!

Comments on "Myopic and loving it!"

 

post a comment

Neko