A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Monday, May 01, 2006

literati and rap music



that's the state of some music nowadays. I'm not against bearing your emotions, but not encouraging certain stuff. There was this 张惠妹 song that has this line in it "在我心上用力的开一枪/让一切归零在这声巨响" but in context it's not about suicide. But the state of Rap and HipHop is kinda sad, you think? The genre is killed by lousy lyrics.

I like this song from DC Talk for many reasons, but one of it is that it shows that genres of tunes sometimes do get killed by lyrics.

"some people out there givin’ rap a bad name, well I’m here to let you know, we ain’t down with that."


you know what? got a feeling that this is a crappy post. Makes me wonder why and what am I blogging about. But after that freak out just now, this is as good as it gets. Next psy appt is tomorrow morning. Hope I live until then, and that I am in the pink of health. Hyprochronics are funny people, I am.

Meanwhile, I beat chuwen at Literati again! Ok la, yesterday's 2 matches were a draw. Haha. Off to challenge him again!

Comments on "literati and rap music"

 

post a comment

Neko