A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Saturday, April 29, 2006

this is the day...

...where transport and some other stuff went wiry.

well, a huge amendment was made to the previous post. I ended up at Far East Plaza with 过分美丽 and had lunch at Paragon, among shopping. Both of us made purchases that we've planned for, some almost critical. We ended up at Wisma (and Taka, and Wisma, etc) and then we realised that it's really hard to get a cab. How hard?

Well, normally at rush hour it's hard.
Add it on that it's a Friday.
And then add it on that it's a Friday before a long weekend (it's May Day on Monday!).
And add it on that it was raining.

Bad?

Include fact that it's payday for many people.
And add on the final whammy... Progress Package is in.

*beep* the *beep* out of the *beep* of those *beep* that *beep* *beep* *beeeeeeeep* drivers that don't *beep* pick up *beep* people at *beep* *beep* when they ought *beep* to, waiting for *beep* *beep* calls.

You know what really irks me? I was at Metro today, at Paragon. First thing I noticed was... Whoa, the crowds! Storewide 20% discount. Hmmm, how timely. It's ok. It spurs our retail economy and well, some money should go into blue collar workers and their families, no? Coming from an industry like this, to tell the truth, no, the Big Bad Corporations normally takes like 90% of the profit. Most, not all (I hope). Anyways, before I slant into slander, the flyers above the heads of consumers promoting the sale (there were a few, but there's one that really impressed upon my mind) were near evil. That one wrote, "It's the 'I don't need it, but I want it' sale".

<>
@#$%^&*()*&amp;amp;amp;^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*( progress @#$%^&amp;amp;amp;*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$# for needy )(^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*( spending on SKII.
< / rant >

while I ain't no saint, and well, it's YOUR money from the government, I do have the right of opinion to say.... darn those people.

When I was managing one of the my old F&B establishments, an old hand (rather senior and earning almost $2k) went to my boss to apply for leave. He told me that he was going to the CDC to claim welfare, because my company didn't give out CPF (at his request), the government labelled him as unemployed and he was just out to milk it for all its worth. “有多少拿多少!" This is one of the reasons why I force myself not to be indifferent to it all.

Because of people like him, other needy people suffer.

Comments on "this is the day..."

 

post a comment

Neko