A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Friday, June 16, 2006

latitude cafe

I went to the Latitude Cafe at OG Orchard today. It used to be the Hemisphere Cafe, next to the Hemisphere collection (local designers), but the new name works fine.

It's one of those places where you'll start realising, on a repeat visit, that why you love that place so much. Everything was right. It was quiet, even though there were some conversation from the other end. The drinks weren't fantastic but the environment was. Even though the renovation was not like Starbucks or Coffeebean, etc, but once I was there, I was just content to sit there and read. I remember a long time ago, when I first bought my Zen Micro (at least a year ago!), where I sat there sitting for my friends to catch a movie, I think. I had a great time, being alone.

Here are some snapshots. It's a great place to hang out, one of the only reasons I'll go town these days. I hate crowds.


a nice lime drink, and cool air-conditioned room with the people outside sweltering under a 2pm sun.


a nice book, and great decor that isn't the norm in cafes now-a-days.


they have mags all over and books and games for people to play... and at no extra charge. Unlike some game cafes that charge per hour...


another shot of the cafe with a nice view... great for people watching. Just don't wear a skirt and 走光 at the window!


where I sat, and the menu.


I was curled up at the chair, and noticed the chair's cover. I found out if one stares the chair for too long, one can get cross-eyed and dizzy: the colours starts blending into one another. I also had a sandwich and put my fave tabasco sauce on it haha. Wanted to take photos of it when it first came, but totally forgot and dug in... until that little bit is left. My friend had fries.




And we had games! Can you believe that this is the first time I ever played 飞机棋 (aka Ludo)? I had a lot of luck and my friend kept from "kicking" me off the board, heh.

















I had fun.

Comments on "latitude cafe"

 

post a comment

Neko