A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mid Autumn

I've been reading The Sitckgal's adventures, and sometimes I wonder if I'm the one drawing them in a schizophrenic frenzy. It seems to totally understand how I feel, and even the silly feelings where friends say, "siao ah."

Mid-autumn
hasn't been a big deal for me ever since I started being a teen. The first year that I started working, I didn't really even notice it. The 2nd year, I don't remember. The third year I called R. It was a desperate, lonely attempt. He was the first guy that I "wasn't" with. The conversation went something like this.

"Harlows!"
"RN ah?"
"Ya... how are you?"
"Fine loh."
"You never go out ah? Mid Autumn leh."
"No. You?"
"No... going home now."
"Oh..."
"So how has life been?"
here, it dawns upon him I'm not calling for anything but to chat.
"Eh, I can't chat leh. Not free."

I got the hint. I felt that the girl was next to him. It could have been me.

I'm quite homely. I like being single sometimes. I can be alone. I can stay home alone. But the reason why I always ask my friends out is that I haven't gone out at all! So, if I'm asking you out week after week, it's the same invitation postponed. And sometimes, I need "fresh air". If I can understand it when it comes from you, why can't you understand it when it comes from me? But I digress.

The year after that, I spent midautumn with my brother (+gf) and sister (+bf) at my sister's place. Hooray on being the odd numbered again. I had fun but it really sucks after a while and it'll rattle on my nerves when the 2 couples gaze into each others' eyes while fireworks boom all over the backdrop. *harlows, I'm still around, oh, nevermind.*

alone again, naturally.

Comments on "Mid Autumn"

 

Blogger Hermit complained! (Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:19:00 pm) : 

opps... i was scanning thru. lol
now i saw the link.
hehe

 

Blogger cynic complained! (Friday, October 13, 2006 3:48:00 am) : 

i completely empathise... i swear gilbert o'sullivan has powers of prescience.

 

post a comment

Neko