A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Monday, January 29, 2007

my monday so far

I slept for barely 4 hours next to Alex when I woke up, groggy. I'm never totally comfortable sleeping in his room. At a mind-numbing 5am, I made my way to my room, just to hear a symphony of sounds coming from my tummy. A worry came up - one that will continue until something else happens, and I just lay there, unable to sleep, needing to sleep. Furgie stared at me with her wide beautiful black eyes while Linus watched me cover myself in desperate coldness. The weather nowadays!

I'm resigned to the fact that I don't think I can sleep immediately. A spattering of thoughts invite my mind, some I welcome, some I detest, others I have absolutely no emotion about. So I go to my living room - to finish my "Greatest Stories of Batman!" - and I turn to a corner to see Chappy sitting next to a puddle of pee. In my living room. In a corner.

Just 5 hours into a monday and I'm already praying that the trend does not continue.


be my valentine? Significance haven't sunk in, more busy tsk-tsking at my fur-laden blanket.

Comments on "my monday so far"

 

post a comment

Neko