A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Thursday, July 06, 2006

have spirit

beetle bailey

I hate terrorists. Actually, I hate anyone who takes away another's life based of some sort of crooked belief. Yes, I might not have agreed with the Crusaders. I have nothing to say about the Old Testament Wars, because I am not in the Old Testament, and certainly do not possess enough faith to imagine what it must have been like to kill.

for there is nothing more important than life.

Let's not, right now, talk about going for eternity first. I'm talking about the life at present. If you waste it, it's the only you've got. Think of everyone who loves you. I remember a debate on suicide before, and I shan't say whether it's brave or cowardly. But I will say that everytime someone dies, many more grieves.

I'm going into this in a non-emotional manner. Say your wife/husband dies. You are grieving over him. Many are grieving over him. Do you want to award us to that sort of pain? You can rise above it, if you just let us help you, just let yourself help you. You are feeling guilty about not thinking about him, but would he have wanted you to be in this rut? Many love you. There is no one in the world that should submit their loved ones to this pain willingly.

So tell me, is a failure in career or a ruined love enough for one to be selfish to submit our loved ones to pain? Let's not talk about depression, not in control. If you're sane, and logical and rational, then one shouldn't.

If you have depression, please get help. I know what it is like to have no tomorrow. I know what it is like to not see beyond the night. The kind of pain - it's not "oh, I'm depressed" but it's really beyond words.

I'm sorry, no one has all the answers. I can't preach to you that God has, because I'm not going to. But no one human has all the answers. Not me, not you, not our parents or friends, and not even counsellors. But the good thing about that is everyone else has is the same - they don't have all the answers too.

marvin

On another note - I know it's the time of the year again, but I really don't fancy celebrations. Presents are welcome from family, of course, but if not, please don't waste money: just as long you promise to live your life the best way and trust in God, it's my best gift.

You being good to yourself, friends, is the best gift I can receive.


fastrack: have spirit.

Comments on "have spirit"

 

post a comment

Neko