A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Friday, February 02, 2007

friday, thank God it's friday?

I hate wearing contacts. Without my glasses, I've just become a face in the crowd, another "pretty" girl. Perhaps, my glasses mould my identity, and my unique heck-care-I-got-a-booger-hanging-out-of-my-nose character.

anyways, I just realised that V day is coming. Not a big thing, not at all. Perhaps it's been overshadowed by the upcoming CNY. In fact, I was chit-chatting with a Lancome Salesgirl that day at Shaw's Isetan, when she lamented the fact that business had been slow. I guess the extended extended holidays last month really made us have holiday-fatigue in the wallet, or plain tired of shopping. No one I know is eager for "CNY shopping!" this year, which is a far cry from last year because I said, "I don't think am buying anything" and that got me warded in their mental hospital for being shopping-unfriendly.

Actually, if not for the fact that a prospect nailed that day for a demo (14th Feb? 14th Feb? Why like so familiar...), I wouldn't even have realised. Heh.

This week, I didn't really get work fatigue, you know, "shitcanfridaycomefasterzzzzz". Perhaps it's because I took leave on Tuesday, and perhaps also because a few friends came over for dinner and a movie on Wednesday night, or perhaps someone came over for a while last night. It's more of "Yay, friday, can wear casual" and "whoa, it's sat already tomorrow".

I need more of these weeks!

Comments on "friday, thank God it's friday?"

 

post a comment

Neko