A billion people died on the news tonight/But not so many cried at the terrible sight/ Well mama said/
It's just make believe/You can't believe everything you see/ So baby close your eyes to the lullabies/On the news tonight

Sunday, October 09, 2005

All these nonsense got to stop

God has been speaking to me quite some these few days, and every time He never ceases to amaze me. He spoke to me about things seemingly petty yet a large strain on my finances (taking cabs), subtle but impacting on my walk with him (my addiction), my wants confused as needs among others. Today's sermon was good, undoubtedly Dinah Lee is a good speaker and today's message was quite powerful. Perhaps I'll go for the youth service next week where Pastor Jeff will be speaking on the same thing - I've learnt that different speakers, though using the same main points, can bring out different thoughts and emotions in different people, including me.

Today's message was about idolatry and customising God, but it wasn't that that caught me.

I've been telling God for a long time that all these nonsense I do has to stop. But each time I still drift away, until when I realise it's not possible (for me anyways) to just end all that sh*t at one go. Growing closer to God is a continuous process and to be honest, I am glad every time direction is provided and when I feel that little bit of "growth" I really really thank God for it.

Seriously, I have to do my part. Like I was telling Sandy (as a metaphor for something else), I can't pray for healing in a wound and then continue to pick on the wound with a needle. Not that God isn't powerful enough but it just doesn't make sense right? God isn't our servant where we can control Him but a loving father that cares for us. Well, Christian Jargon again, I can see you shake your head, but we ain't paid to say all these. =)

So...
all these nonsense got to stop. soon. now.

btw... "scandalous scandalous!" lol =)

Comments on "All these nonsense got to stop"

 

post a comment

Neko